Flat roofs are one of the most common commercial roofing systems along the coast for its low cost, easy maintenance, and long service life. Flat roofing systems are a great alternative to metal or shingle roofing systems and are significantly cheaper per square foot. We install new Modified Bitumen, TPO, Fluid Applied Roofing, and restorative materials such as silicone to your existing flat roof.
Fluid Applied Roofing
The future of commercial (non-metal) roofing will be some type of fluid applied roofing system. If you drive to New Orleans and look at the roof on the Superdome, you will see a sprayed on seamless roof.
Fluid applied roofs are seamless, and seamless means no leaks. Most roof leaks start at a seam or joint between roof materials.
We offer and install several different fluid applied systems such as acrylic and silicone based systems to meet the requirements of your particular roof. Some fluid applied systems can also be tinted to match your design.
When a fluid applied system is applied, it will also extend your warranty as well as protect your roof for another 10-20+ years depending on the condition of the roof when the system is applied.
Fluid applied systems are considered building maintenance and the expense can be a great tax deduction for your business.
TPO (Thermoplastic POlyolefin) is a roofing system made of polypropylene and ethylene propylene polymers made into sheets. It is
applied by adhesive or screws. Seams are sealed using a heat welder. TPO and similar products such as PVC or EPDM are often referred to as “Single-ply Roofing”
Large commercial buildings needing a fast economical roofing system
- Significantly reduces building heat by reflecting sunlight efficiently
- Long lifespan (over 30 years)
- Highest seam-leak resistance
- Strong chemical, UV light, and puncture resistance
- Can be difficult to repair with conventional methods (we recommend a silicone based repair system)
- Cannot bear foot traffic below 50 degrees
Modified bitumen is one of the most common types of commercial roofing in the country and has evolved from asphalt roofing
products that has been used since the 1800s. It is composed of asphalt, rubber (SBS) or plastic (APP) modifiers, fiberglass or polyester fibers, and solvents. Modified bitumen can be installed by the torch method, hot asphalt, or cold application adhesives.
Normally commercial flat roofs that have little to no slope
- Highly economical
- Easy to install and repair
- Weather resistant,
- Typically lasts 20 – 30 years
- Flexible; expands and contracts and resists cracking
- Requires regular maintenance (We provide preventative maintenance plans)
- Too much heat expansion or improper drainage can significantly decrease service life
Please note that although we do recommend or install all flat roof types, we do service and maintain these roofs.